Tax Advantages for your Delaware Retirement
Enjoy some of the lowest real estate taxes in the country!
The Delaware coastal real estate market provides an excellent opportunity for retirees or those looking to take advantage of the state’s low property taxes.
Coastal Delaware is a top-rated place for retirement and is only four hours from Manhattan and less than three hours from Philadelphia, Baltimore and Washington, D.C. This is just the tip of the iceberg! Keep reading to learn about all the other tax advantages to a new Coastal Delaware home.
Delaware Retirement Real Estate Offers More Tax Advantages *
Considering a new Delaware home for your retirement? Chances are you already know about the beautiful beaches, charming towns, and surrounding coastal areas. But, are you familiar with some of these amazing tax benefits associated with our state?
- No inheritance tax for most residents
- No tax on Social Security benefits
- No personal property taxes
- No local taxes (except in the City of Wilmington)
- No sales tax on most retail items purchased in the state
- No Delaware tax on social security benefits
- Low real estate property taxes
- 2%-6.6% state income tax
- Railroad benefits exempt
- Depending on your age, your pension benefits maybe excluded from tax by the state of Delaware, regardless of what state you resided in when working
* Consult with your tax advisor for complete details.