Tax Advantages for your Delaware Retirement –
Some of the "lowest real estate taxes" in the country
The Delaware coastal real estate market provides an excellent opportunity for those looking for a Delaware retirement to take advantage of the state’s low property taxes.
For those looking for a top rated place to retire, Delaware is only 4 hours from Manhattan, and less than 3 from Philadelphia, Baltimore and the Nations Capital. But that's just the tip of the iceberg - read on to find out all the other tax advantages Coastal Delaware has to offer.
Buying Delaware Retirement Real Estate Offers Even More Tax Advantages
If you are considering Delaware as your retirement home, chances are you are already aware of the beautiful beaches, towns, and surrounding area that are along our coast, but you may not be familiar with a few of the tax benefits associated with our state:
- No inheritance tax for most residents;
- No personal property taxes;
- No local taxes (except in the City of Wilmington);
- No sales tax on most retail items purchased in the state;
- No Delaware tax on social security benefits for residents;
- An exclusion amount, depending on your age, of your pension benefits from being taxable by the state of Delaware regardless of what state you resided in when you worked;
- Low real estate property taxes.