Love the ocean? We thought you might, so we had one installed just 45 minutes down the road. Love low taxes? We do, too, so we made sure the state of Delaware enacted no retail sales tax and some of the lowest property and other taxes in the nation. Love antiquing? Sailing? Fishing? Biking? All in place. We’ve arranged nearby festivals honoring such diverse pleasures as chocolate, apples, and, yes, even scrapple. Think we’re kidding? Well, we are, but just a little. All of these delights really are in our neighborhood, so to speak. And whether they were here before or after Heritage Shores, the fact is that they’re all 100% in place right here, right now.
LEARN MORE ABOUT THE TOWN OF BRIDGEVILLE
Tax Advantages for your Delaware Retirement, for starters!
Enjoy some of the lowest real estate taxes in the country!
The Delaware coastal real estate market provides an excellent opportunity for retirees or those looking to take advantage of the state’s low property taxes.
Coastal Delaware is a top-rated place for retirement and is only four hours from Manhattan and less than three hours from Philadelphia, Baltimore and Washington, D.C. This is just the tip of the iceberg! Keep reading to learn about all the other tax advantages to a new Coastal Delaware home.
Delaware Retirement Real Estate Offers More Tax Advantages *
Considering a new Delaware home for your retirement? Chances are you already know about the beautiful beaches, charming towns, and surrounding coastal areas. But, are you familiar with some of these amazing tax benefits associated with our state?
- No inheritance tax for most residents
- No personal property taxes
- No local taxes (except in the City of Wilmington)
- No sales tax on most retail items purchased in the state
- No Delaware tax on Social Security benefits
- Low real estate property taxes
- 2% - 6.6% state income tax
- Railroad benefits exempt
- Depending on your age, your pension benefits maybe excluded from tax by the state of Delaware, regardless of what state you resided in when working
* Consult with your tax advisor for complete details.
Click here for directions to our community or model homes.